Best water tourism and resorts in punta cana
Its long stretch of sandy beaches and shallow waters make the Dominican Republic the ultimate island paradise. In this tiny island nation in the Caribbean, long warm days are spent lazily on quiet beaches doing nothing but sipping fruit cocktails and delicious coconut cake treats that are touted by friendly local women. That is the definition of heaven.
Sometimes, however, you swim in the gentle waves, or better yet, you Snorkel in Punta Cana, Swim with dolphins in Punta Cana, and finish with Spa in Punta Cana. Next to the Dominican Republic, this is your guide to snorkeling and diving. It’s time to find out where to go and more.
What to know before you go to Punta Cana
1. Peak season: Although the Dominican Republic suffers from high humidity and extreme heat in the summer months, some of its busiest months are still July and August, when US travelers join French and other Europeans. December to January are just as busy. Most popular bustling and many all-inclusive resorts that spice up the island to capacity.
2. Best time to go: Remember that it offers consistently warm weather. Because of this, outside of the Hurricane season from August to September, snorkeling and diving opportunities abound throughout the year. Score deals on hotels and beat the crowd by visiting in early June or going during the shoulder months.
3. Security: The country is very dependent on the tourism industry. Therefore, the safety of visitors is the top priority. Additionally, Dominicans are one of the most welcoming, many welcomes in the Caribbean. However, petty crime and fraud are not unheard of things so exert caution and exercise common sense when traveling to countries without a guide.
4. Getting Around: Getting around the island is not easy. The Dominican Republic does have publications and buses, but they don’t run very often. To save time, rent a car, hire a tour guide or join a tour group that will secure your transportation needs for you.
5. Accommodation: Dr. Fish Ocean Spa is in some ways known for its all-inclusive resorts, which range from budget to upscale. To save money and avoid unplanned expenses, many choose to stay all-inclusive, which offers unlimited food and drink during your stay.